Songs in the Key of Sustainability
What's the key?
Regional songwriters are asked to:
- Compose a song on any subject that includes an environmental
landmark or natural area of the region.
- Croon a love song that takes place in a regional park.
- Harmonize on how to be a good environmental steward.
The magic is up to you, just make sure you sing it
green. Entries must be submitted by June 9,
First prize: $500 gift certificate, second prize: $50 gift
certificate, third prize: $25 gift certificate to Larsen
Questions? Musings? Contact:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must be a resident of the Capital Regional District.
- You or your group must be the original composers of the
- Your song must incorporate lyrics.
- You must be available to attend and perform at the evening
EcoStar Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, September 24, 2013.
- Only one prize will be awarded for each winning place; if a
group of musicians wins, the certificate shall be divided by the
- All ages and levels of musicians are welcome to participate;
this is not a professional contest.
EcoTunes is an initiative of the EcoStar Awards and the Arts
Development office. The EcoTunes contest is being offered to
support local artists, encourage environmental awareness and create
opportunities for exchange and education between the arts and
environmental sustainability. Get your voice and your art into the
world and sing it sustainable.
Contest entries will be posted on SustainableU at the
The EcoTunes Contest is generously sponsored by:
Photo of shooting star courtesy
of Mary Sanseverino